I was a Psychotherapist for 30 years and now research and write about psychotherapy and personal development.
My current research is largely focussed on my interest in the experience of mid-life transitions from a woman-centered perspective though I’m also involved in various different writing projects while I recover from serious illness and difficult treatment.
I trained in Person-Centred, Gestalt, Humanistic and Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy over many years with many additional workshops and courses in body psychotherapy and trauma, (career long specialisms). I have also taught at five different higher education establishments as a tutor in counselling and psychotherapy.
I am interested in integrating psychotherapy, bodywork and spirituality, seeing these all as complementary ways of engaging with being fully human. I hope to be able to offer a limited number of opportunities to people who would like to work with me in the future. I will be offering opportunities for occasional sessions later on this year in one to one, couples work and clinical supervision to people who want to integrate these perspectives into their lives. Please see my lovely new booking system.
You can also work with me by using my free self help materials, reading my blog, following my Facebook business page (not personal profile) and accessing my guided meditations. When I begin my transition back into work I hope to also offer some form of distance and online courses and support also.
Director of Blue Skies
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
- BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling (Distinction) with a specialist focus on Bereavement and Loss (3 years)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy (Distinction) (4 Years)
- Master of Arts in Humanistic Psychotherapy (Merit) Derby University & SPTI, Nottingham (1 Year)
- Certificate in Psychosynthesis for Personal & Professional Development (2 years)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (ECONNF)
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader & Professor of Gibberish Therapy
- Certificate Therapeutic Touch
- Certificate Reiki Healing (Angelic Levels 1 & 2)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision (2 Years) Completed
- Integrative Psychotherapy with Dr Richard Erskine (94 hours)
- Mental Health Training and Psychiatry including Mental Health Placement of Observation within the hospitals of Derby and in the community
- Numerous short courses over 20 years as part of ongoing professional development
- Several years of Personal Psychotherapy Ongoing Clinical Supervision
- PhD in Psychotherapy, Women in Midlife Transitions
- Student of Zero Balancing – suspended due to sick leave
- Research into Attachment in the Therapeutic Relationship
- Development of models of psychotherapeutic approaches to sexuality and spirituality
A Selection of Recent Short Courses Attended
- Working with LGBT*Q Clients WPP, Cardiff, April 2016 (2 days)
- Hypnotherapy (BACP Endorsed Training) with NLP Vision, Leicester, January 2015 (3 days)
- Writers Workshop with Hay House London, September 2013 (2 days)
- Personality Disorders with Dr Elinor Greenberg at WPP, Cardiff, July 2013 (3 days)
- Writers Workshop with the British Gestalt Journal Nottingham University, June 2013 (3 days)
- Zero Balancing Derby, April 2013 (6 days)
- Zero Balancing Derby, May 2015 (6 days)
- Laughter Yoga Training Durham, Feb 2013 Gibberish Therapy St. Albans, Feb 2014
- The Somatic Body London, October 2012
- CBT Interventions for Trauma Nottingham Centre for Trauma Studies, July 2012
- Infant Movement Development & Authentic Movement Institute for Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy, London, May 2012
- Past Lives Workshop Rainbow Bridge Centre, Sawley, April 2012
- Working with Attachment Disorders Child Centre for Metal Health, London, January 2012
- Andrew Samuels UKCP Chair: “It’s all about the relationship…” Derby, October 2011